5.29.2013

New Design

Well, I did it! I finally completed re-designing my blog! I'm no designer, but through trial and error (and a lot of frustration and tutorial-searching and perseverance) I managed to come up with something I really like. When I think of the word Vividry I've always had a picture of colorful sheets blowing in the sun. And I think I was finally able to capture that idea with this design. I also like that it's simple. I enjoy girly, swirly, elegant things, but I was ready for a change. What do you all think?

Along with the new design, I have a couple of new things on the blog I'd like to highlight for you:

First, on the left side of this post, you'll see a navbar. You can click on any of the buttons and they'll drop down. The first one, "About Me" is pretty obvious. Under that is "Subscribe," where I put both the button for subscribing in a reader and a place to subscribe through your email. You should go check it out right now. *hint hint* ;)

Then we have "Connect," where I have put these cute buttons for all the different ways you can connect with me.


This is the email button. Click on it and you can send me an email. I love getting notes, especially if they are encouraging or if you have ideas for things you'd like to see on this blog.


This is the bloglovin' button. You may not have heard of bloglovin' before - I certainly hadn't before this week! Since Google Reader is eventually going to be gone, bloglovin' is a great replacement for it. Through this platform you can follow my blog (and all your other favorite blogs!), and easily see all recent posts on your main page.


 This is the facebook button that goes to my blog's facebook page. I try to post more than just my blog posts on here, so check it out!



 And last but not least, my pinterest button. I think I may have a slight addiction to pinterest - I simply love collecting things of beauty. Come follow me!


The last button is "My Website," which will be coming soon! I'm working on designing a website for my piano teaching/accompanying/wedding music business.

Also, you may notice that I have a new signature. As I've become older and had other places where my name and information is out on the internet, I've decided to consolidate them so things don't become too confusing. Thus, I am no longer Melody, though I am still as musical as ever. You may now call me Rachel. :)

I hope you enjoy the newness on the blog as much as I do! I am also planning a lot of new things for this blog, such as a series on a book called "It's Not That Complicated," more photography, story snippets, and another series which is still in the works called "Vague-Vital-Vivid." I can't wait to get started!

0 vivid thoughts:

 

Search my Blog

Come Follow me, ye Lovers of Vividry!