2.17.2011

The Second Inkling - Spending to Fulfill

I'm sorry for the break between inklings! It seems that not even inklings of ideas are coming to me easily nowadays. :P

Thankfully, I'm reading a number of inspiring books which have some good quotes. For my Christian Life & Thought class, I'm reading a book called "Engaging God's World: A Christian Vision of Faith, Learning, and Living" (by Cornelius Plantinga Jr).The book is excellent in my opinion, and full of good quotes. So this is my inkling for you this week (taken from chapter 2 of the book):

"According to God's intelligence, the way to thrive is to help others to thrive; the way to flourish is to cause others to flourish; the way to fulfill yourself is to spend yourself." (Plantinga, ch. 2, p. 23)

So what is your take on this? How do you live this out, see this in others, apply it to life, or any other take you may have on this...?

Please don't feel like you have to write an incredibly "deep" post from this inkling - simply go off of  what this inspires in your mind, or something else this reminds you of. I'm interested in hearing what inklings you come up with!

Also note: since I started this linkup on Thursday, I'm going to run it to a week from this Tuesday, which is March 1st. So you have plenty of time to link up!

0 vivid thoughts:

 

Search my Blog

Come Follow me, ye Lovers of Vividry!