I had a great time camping, though! We went with at least nine other families that we are friends with from our homeschool co-op, and it really was so much fun. I had a great time hanging out with friends I hadn't seen in awhile, playing some killer soccer, baseball and ultimate frisbee, getting tan (haha - more like burn!), tubing down the river, playing card games, roasting smores, singing campfire songs and playing guitar, and laughing my head off! I could do a whole post about the awesome time I had - but I'll just say, I had a blast.
So there's a ton of things I need to catch up on with you all! First in the order of business: Ten Top Tips! Here they are (with the votes in parentheses).
1. Visit and comment often on blogs you follow. (22)I'm glad so many people participated in Three Top Tips, and I hope it was helpful to you all! I know I learned a number of helpful tips. ;)
2. Don't become someone else on blogger, be yourself! (20)
3. Make sure your blog is easy to read (20)
4. Be patient and do the work to keep your blog maintained and get the word out (20)
5. Proof-read and review blog posts (15)
6. Use big photos for photoblogs (15)
7. Visit and follow blogs with similar interests to yours to get more readers (15)
8. Plan and think carefully about ideas before going ahead (14)
9. Know your audience and the goal of the blog (13)
10. Keep sidebar organized (not too many widgets/buttons)
Also, I plan on posting my answers to your questions from this post tomorrow. I'm really enjoying writing out my answers to them, and I want to extend the invitation one more time: if there's anything you'd like to know about me, or just any questions at all that you have for me, please comment and ask away! I would love more questions to answer. :D
Next, I would like to direct your attention to this lovely blog button over here:
Another thing I'd like to mention is that I'm going to be entering Cornet Crazie's writing contest. Y'all should consider yourself lucky (or blessed) to be able to read one of my short stories (I don't usually post my longer works so no one steals them). Right now I've got to figure out just what story to enter, and then I'll post it! The contest ends on the 16th, so head on over there and enter before it's too late. :)
Alrighty - well that is that! Is that enough information for you to take in at once? ;)