5.26.2012

Odd days

{Listening to this song sparked this blog post.}

Today is an odd day. 
A day I feel like writing,
But somehow cannot 
bring myself 
to write.


A day to stand
and watch the world 
outside my window 
brighten, then dim
dapple, then dark.


Running in the rain
Capturing drops
On pink petals
silhouetted against 
a peek of sun.


My days at home have 
been like this:
disparate mixtures 
of creativity and toil,
quiet and rush.


Summer seems to 
do that - mix up moods,
schedules, thoughts, time;
but somehow this muddle is
the best soil for beauty to bloom.


1 vivid thoughts:

lauren nicole said... {Reply}

I love days where I'm able to just sit and observe the world around me. It's definitely one of my favorite things. (The music is so moving and beautiful!)

 

Search my Blog

Come Follow me, ye Lovers of Vividry!